The problem is staying an artist when you grow up.”
- Pablo Picasso
(GG2GD for short) is a choose-your-own-adventure online learning experience for women who want to awaken, unleash, and mega-empower their inner designer. (Yep – we all have one! And it’s time to let yours out!).
I’ve designed the course to be a magical unfolding of new horizons: a treasure trove of possibilities that you can keep coming back to again and again.
And instead of imposing a particular schedule, forcing you to memorize every last detail of some scary interface before you’re allowed to actually do anything cool, or telling you you’ve got to learn in a style that is very definitely NOT your own, you can dive in, explore, and enjoy exactly as you see fit!
One thing’s for sure: you haven’t learned online like this before – and if you join me for the course, your life will NEVER be the same. :)
Here’s what you’ll get when you sign up:
You’ll finish the course with…
1. A complete, ridiculously beautiful “visual brand suite” that’s ready to be loaded on to the web, so that you can take on the world with your mission and message, including:
- A blog or website header image
- “Signature graphics” to represent each of your products/services/blog post series/other offerings (to put in the sidebar of your site, or to use as advetisements for your site, placed elsewhere on the web)
- A Twitter background
- A cover image for your Facebook page
- “Quote graphics” in the style of your specific visual brand
- A “formula” to follow to ensure all the images you post on your blog or site are totally, utterly “you”!
2. The Photoshop know-how to change your look and feel time and time again, without ever needing to hire a brander or designer.
3. The ability to make graphic design your career, if you like the sound of that!
If you want the ability to reinvent your brand as often as you yourself grow, change, and evolve (and maybe even do the same for paying clients)…
If you feel a tugging at your heartstrings when you think of being able to design gorgeous graphics…
If you’re a business owner, hopeful business owner, activist, dabbler, or anyone with ideas in her head that want to come out and take flight…
If you’re sick of endlessly looking at beautiful things on the web, and you’re ready to finally understand how to produce them…
…Then GG2GD is for you. :)
Here’s what some of our Creative Courage participants had to say about the kind of learning experiences I create:
Like you said in today’s video – while college/traditional school is great and important and all, this type of learning is so much more my style (and effective!). I have learned more in the GG2WD course and this workshop than I ever did in college. A huge part of it is that I WANT to be here and these are things I truly WANT to learn about. The other part is being around such like-minded, strong, powerful, encouraging, and inspiring women.”
…And you can read tons more kind words about my teaching style over on the Girl’s Guide to Web Design site (click here to check ‘em out).
So what exactly makes this course different from your typical “Photoshop course” (in case you aren’t already getting the vibe that it’s a completely different thing?)
2. There’ll be NO learning all kinds of boring theory and memorizing every single tool before you actually get to create anything. You’ll be designing lovely graphics from the very first day you start working with the course.
3. The techniques I teach you are literally foolproof…so even if you don’t think you “have an eye for this type of thing”, you won’t be able to help creating gorgeous graphics.
4. I’m giving you exclusive music mixes crafted specifically for GG2GD students, designed to inspire and pump you up while you’re designing!
5. You can learn in your pyjamas, with a glass of wine in hand. Enough said.
What this course will teach you:
You’ll learn to make the types of graphics that you see all over these websites (every last bit of these sites was created with Photoshop):
As you’ll notice from checking out the website screenshots above, there’s no one particular style of design that I teach you in this program. Instead, I’ll guide you through determining your OWN signature look and feel, so that you can create without limits – and have a ball doing it. :)
Ok – let’s hear some details!
How exactly does an “online course”
like this work?
- You’ll learn by watching (and following along with) videos, by reading written tutorials and instructions that I’ve put together for you, and by completing “creative play” assignments. It’s a delicious blend of multimedia instruction that works wonders – no matter your learning style.
- There is no schedule to keep up with or lesson plan to follow – so if you’re going away on vacation, or if you have to put the course aside for a few weeks while you focus on work or family matters, you won’t miss a thing.
- You’ll also automatically get FREE access to all the new course material that we create for GG2GD, for the rest of time.
It’s as simple as that, really (woot!).
Care to take a surreptitious peek? Here’s the inside of our private, students-only website:
What about “school supplies”? Is there anything special I need to own or buy to take the course?
I’m glad you asked! There are just two must-haves for the program:
1. A computer with a detached/separate mouse
- It can be a Mac or a PC; a laptop or a desktop. You just need to make sure that your operating system is up to par to run Photoshop (click here for complete details on this).
- While you can definitely watch the videos and read all the written material on a tablet (such as in iPad), you’ll need a full-blown computer to be able to run Photoshop and do the exercises and graphic recreations that I walk you through in the course.
- You’ll also need a mouse to be able to use Photoshop effectively (so if you’ve been getting by with only a touchpad on your laptop, it’s time to treat yourself to a real mouse!).
2. A recent version of Photoshop
- If you don’t already own Photoshop, I recommend you start by downloading their free 30-day trial (which I guide you through doing when you sign up for the course). This way, you’ll get a month of footloose & fancy-free graphics creation, for zero dollars. And don’t worry about the “installation” aspect; I’ll explain exactly how to sign up for the trial at the beginning of the program.
- Photoshop used to be a one-time cost, but nowadays, it’s sold on a monthly subscription basis. If you commit to subscribing for a year, it costs just $20 a month. Not too shabby for such a powerful tool for your life, biz, or dreams come true!
That’s it? Really?
That’s all you’ll need – although as you become more creatively inspired and capable, you’ll likely want to invest in some optional extras, too.
I make a point of teaching you the most low-cost ways I know for designing gorgeous graphics. But there may be times when you’ll want to buy an image from a site like Shutterstock or purchase a special font that’s not available for free.
In cases like these, I’ll show you how to test out your font or image before you buy it, so you’ll never waste money on something that’s not quite right for a project.
I also direct you to plenty of FREE sources for awesome imagery and out-of-this-world fonts – so you’ll always have options.
Your Girl’s Guide to Graphic Design investment
The Girl’s Guide to Graphic Design is packed with tens of thousands of dollars worth of sumptuously juicy creative goodness – but you’ll pay a fraction of that.
Let’s take a look at the main sections of the program:
Value: $2,000 and up (You’d pay a brander or designer big bucks to do this work for you – but guess what? No one knows your idea better than you – which makes YOU the perfect person to bring it to life!).
Value: $3,000 (Don’t waste years painstakingly connecting the dots about what makes graphics look great. I’ll break it down for you so that it makes sense instantly).
Value: $1,000 (Not to mention the value of saving face every time you debut a graphic that perfectly hits the mark!).
Value: $800 and up
Value: $2,000 (I’ll be honest: you COULD learn Photoshop elsewhere, but no one else teaches it the fun, lighthearted way I do!).
Value: $5,000 (The moment you “get” what went in to these graphics, you won’t be able to help but feel charged up about your own brand – and if you choose to work in design, the brands of your future clients!).
Value: Hours and hours of your life!
Value: $2,000 (And that certain “je ne sais quoi” in all the graphics you create).
Value: $15,000 (Where else can you get on-demand, unique-to-you instruction from a successful designer?)
Value: $6,000 (Instead of paying five different types of designers who specialize in different things, you’ll scoop up the skills you need to DIY your OWN visual brand suite – and to reimagine it time and time again!).
Value: $1,000 (No more “designer’s block”? Yes please!)
Value: $1,000 (And let’s not forget – your sanity. These tips and tricks will save you from pulling your hair out, time and time again).
Value: $2,000 (Fonts are the most memorable part of any brand you encounter online – so you’ll want to know this stuff inside and out!).
Value: $2,000 (Get ready to field some serious compliments – such as, “how’d you get your photos to look so amazing?”).
Value: $1,000 (Just don’t say I didn’t warn you…you might get deliciously lost in here!).
Value: I’m not telling! ;)
Value: $100,000 and beyond (You could end up getting jobs up the wazoo from your GG2GD listing).
Were you crunching those numbers? You got it – even assuming that you DON’T want to work as a graphic designer, the items above come out to a total value of $45,300…
….And your investment in The Girl’s Guide to Graphic Design is only $749 – with the option to pay in two installments.
Just think: If you sign up for the course to take control of your own visual brand for that thing you want to start, or the thing you’ve already got, the price of the program is less than you’ll pay a talented brander or designer. And because YOU’ll have the skills in YOUR toolkit, you’ll be able to reinvent yourself online time and time again.
That means no more paying anyone else to bring your dreams to life – ever again!
And if you take the course in order to become a graphic designer – either “on the side”, or full time? You just might make back your investment in this program on your very first job.
Meanwhile, you could spend $10,000 + on taking a graphic design program at your local college or university.
And you could wait two years or more to graduate – and have to trek outside through sleet and snow and locust swarms to get to your cold (or boiling hot) classroom, where you’ll be doomed to sit beside that creepy guy who picks his nose. For the umpteenth time.
The bottom line? No matter your goals, GG2GD is $749 well spent. :)
Ready to dive in?